Gawron Turgeon Architects designed Gorham Savings Bank’s new “store” in Falmouth, Maine. The 1,500 SF retail branch includes a teller line, check writing station, customer service area, private offices, back office, safe deposit area, employee lounge and drive-through.
Designed for sustainability, this branch has earned LEED Gold certification from the US Green Building Council (USGBC). Some of the green design and construction features include:
- Recycled and rapidly renewable materials.
- Regional materials.
- Low emitting materials that reduce harmful indoor air contaminants.
- 95% views to the outside, and natural daylight inside.
- Open, vegetated space equal to the size of the building footprint.
- Solar domestic hot water.
- Solar reflective shingles to reduce localized heat island effect.
- 87% of construction waste diverted from land fills.
- Maximized building insulation to reduce energy use.