Gawron Turgeon Architects designed this new cPort Credit Union on Forest Avenue in Portland, Maine. The prime location for this new branch helped guide the design process every step of the way:
- siting the building for good visibility;
- sidewalks and esplanades for pedestrian safety;
- easy access to the parking and bike racks;
- brick exterior to fit with the urban setting;
- storefront windows for a strong visual connection to the community; and
- a partial two-story structure to bring daylight into the lobby while giving great visibility for signage.
The branch has an open-style lobby with teller pods, a comfortable lounge area, private offices, a community conference room with separate secure access, and an online banking kiosk for members.
The entire project incorporates cPort’s branding, and their goal of utilizing local Maine artists and businesses.
Gawron Turgeon Architects also designed cPort’s new Augusta branch in 2011 which was finished a month ahead of schedule, and designed renovations to convert a former medical office into their Scarborough branch.